Happy Friday! This week has sure been a weird one, with all of the weather and everything else going on in the world (and in our lives). I have lots to share with you today and I haven’t done a post like this in forever so here goes nothing.
- Let’s start with the biggest news: we adopted a puppy! It was totally unexpected hence why I didn’t mention anything on here before. We had known we wanted to get one in the near future, likely spring so the weather would be a bit better. We saw on Facebook that a local rescue organization, Pack Leaders, would be at Petsmart with their dogs available for adoption this past Saturday. We decided to stop by and fell absolutely in love with an 8 month old Plott Hound/Whippet mix named Forrest. Long story short, we ended up adopting him that day and changed his name to Charlie. He is fitting in well with our family (as in the cats are tolerating him currently) and I’m sure I will be sharing plenty of pictures of him here.
- With all of the puppy craziness, we were still able to host our small Superbowl gathering that we have each year. A few of our close friends came over and we ate the night away and also celebrated the Pats awesome comeback and win (YAY). The best treats of the night were provided by our favorite local bakery, Hartford Baking Company, in West Hartford. They provided us with a fantastic bread bowl and some pretzel baguettes that we sliced up for dipping as well. I absolutely love supporting local businesses and I encourage visiting Hartford Baking Company ASAP as their sandwiches, pastries, and coffee are also amazing and that bread is just everything.
- Winter has finally arrived and I know I am one of the few that is SO happy about it. I love the snow and the cozy feeling of being wrapped up in blankets while the snow falls outside. We got around 18 inches last night which was definitely our biggest storm of the season.
- With the snow comes my urge to cook all the things. I made chili for super bowl which we enjoyed leftovers of all week long. I took Monday off and decided to meal prep some chicken pesto pasta for lunch for the week. I used a combo of veggie and gluten free pasta along with almost a whole jar of pesto and a couple of sauteed chicken breasts. I plan on making this again for this coming week so I will try to snap some pics and share the recipe as I kind of made it up as I went along. I also made Chrissy Teigen’s chicken noodle soup last night which was just what the hubby needed as he was feeling a bit under the weather when he got home from plowing.
- We have some fun plans for this weekend and I’m excited to get out as I feel like I’ve been stuck in the house due to the snow. We are doing some early Valentine’s Day celebrating with our friends Robbie and Jenna and heading to some wineries out in the Litchfield area which has become an annual tradition for the four of us. Sunday is a much needed girls breakfast with some of my favorite ladies.
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend filled with all of the fun you can find!
Disclaimer: A portion of this post was sponsored by Hartford Baking Company. As always, all opinions are my own.